Field of activity
- Sociology of aging and demography
- Care studies
- Sociology of time
- Qualitative research methods
- Gender Studies
01/05/2014 - 31/05/2014
DAAD scholarship – research stay at the Gerontology Center, directed by Prof. Dr. David Ekerdt, University of Kansas, USA
Scientific employee on the project "Aging as Future", funded by the Volkswagen Foundation to compare older adults’ conceptions of aging, time, and the future in the Czech Republic, Germany, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the U.S. (directed by Prof. Dr. Stephan Lessenich, Prof. Dr. Klaus Rothermund, Prof. Dr. Frieder Lang)
08/2012 - 09/2012
Scientific assistant at the Institute of Sociology, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena (FSU)
02/2010 - 04/2010
Research internship at the Technical University of Berlin
08/2009 - 01/2010
Semester abroad at the University of Groningen (NL)
12/2008 - 07/2012
Student assistant at the collaborative research center SFB 580, FSU Jena
10/2006 - 07/2012
Studies of sociology and educational science at the FSU Jena
- Lessenich, S., Ekerdt, D.J., Münch, A., Koss, C., Li, A., Fung, H. (2018). The dog that didn't bark: The challenge of cross-cultural qualitative research on aging. Journal of Aging Studies.
- Ekerdt, D. J., Koss, C. S., Li, A., Münch, A., & Lessenich, S. (2017). Is longevity a value for older adults? Journal of Aging Studies, 43, 46-52.
- Doing Finitude: Exploring the Practical Experience of Finitude in Retirement from an Interdisciplinary Perspective – Talk at the US – Hong Kong 2018 Conference “Aging Across Time and Context”, 19-20 May 2018, Hong Kong.
- The Dog that Didn’t Bark: The Challenge of Cross-Cultural Qualitative Research on Ageing – Talk at the “Aging Graz 2017” - 3rd ENAS Conference/ 1st Joint ENAS & NANAS Conference/ 9th International Symposium on Cultural Gerontology, 27-30 April 2017, Graz, Austria.
- Between Implicitness and Moral Obligation. Doing Masculinity within Spousal Caregiving – Talk at the Conference “Ageing as Future: Changing Time and Age Structures in Modern Societies”, 26-28 July 2016, Nürnberg.
- „It’s god-awful, but you have to deal with it.“ Individual Patterns of Action and Interpretation among Older Male Caregivers – Talk at the session “Older Men” on the occasion of the 3rd ISA Forum of Sociology, 10-14 July 2016, Vienna, Austria.
- "Mapping Time Conflicts of Elderly Caregivers" Empirical presentation on the occasion of the methodological workshop "Doing Situational Analysis" directed by Adele Clarke, 22-23 June 2015, München.
- Social Time Orientation in Later Life: Germany, Hong Kong and the US Compared – Talk at the symposium "Aging as Future: International and Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Provision for and Living in Old Age" at the 8th Congress of the International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics European Region (IAGG-ER), 23-26April 2015, Dublin, Ireland.
- The Brief Dream of Late Freedom. Time Conflicts of Elderly Caregivers in Germany – Talk at the symposium "Aging and Caregiving" on the occasion of the Gerontological Society of America Sino Conference "Putting Ageing Research and Clinical Practice in Cultural Context", 05- 06 January 2015, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- German Sociological Association (DGS)
- Section aging and society (at DGS)